The Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Union of Architects of Azerbaijan have launched the fifth edition of the Baku International Architecture Award, an open, biennial award with the support of the UIA.
This biennial award, open to qualified architects everywhere and endorsed by the UIA since 2015, seeks to recognize architectural diversity and to encourage new ideas and research, new realizations and exemplary new implementations of urban planning and architectural projects globally.
Participants from 38 countries entered the 2019 edition of the Award and the international jury recognised winners from 18 countries: South Africa, Egypt, China, Georgia, Japan, Azerbaijan, Kenya, Iran, Slovakia, Portugal, Malaysia, Spain, Argentina, UAE, Greece, Hong Kong, Denmark, Bangladesh.
In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, this year, the fifth anniversary edition of the Award will be held online.
- A – Implemented public architecture project;
- B – Implemented residential architecture project;
- C – Implemented interior;
- D – Non-realised project;
- E – Implemented landscape architecture project;
- F – Rehabilitation and reconstruction of historic buildings project;
- G – Architecture publication
- Announcement: 29 January 2021
- Deadline for submitting questions: 1 August 2021
- Deadline for the reception of entries: 1 September 2021
- International jury meeting: 28-30 September 2021
- Announcement of the results: 4 October 2021
Azerbaijani, Russian and English.
For the Award procedure, regulations or other information, visit the competition website.
Questions & Answers
All questions concerning the Award procedure should be sent to the prize organisers.